Open for In-Store Painting
GREAT NEWS! We are now open for in-store painting.
We have created private painting pods and are following strict cleaning protocols to keep our employees and our clients safe.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 11-5
Saturday & Sunday 10-6
Please email or call to book a spot!
How does it work?
1. Choose an item from our vast inventory to paint! (Prices are all inclusive, no studio fees.)
2. Receive a short 5 minute explanation from one of our knowledgable staff members on how the painting process works. We're here to help you achieve your vision! We have lots of fun and cool techniques for every age and skill level.
3. Choose some paints, sit down in your Painting Pod and enjoy a few hours of creativity!
4. Once your masterpiece is completed, leave it with us. We will glaze and fire your piece in one of our kilns, and we'll send you an email confirmation when it's ready to go home, between 7-9 days after your visit.
PAINT AT HOME!
Despite being open for in-store painting, we understand that many people will still choose to paint at home. You can come by the studio to pick out your ceramics and pick up a kit, or you can still order online.
1. CHOOSE YOUR CERAMICS
Select the pieces you want to paint and add them to your cart.
2. PICK YOUR PAINT SUPPLIES
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER PAINTS OTHER THAN THE ONES PROVIDED. DOING SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR PIECE NOT BEING FIRED.
Pick up to 5 different paint colours per household. If you order many pieces (or large items), feel free to add more paints. We may contact you for clarification.
4. WAIT FOR YOUR NOTIFICATION
We'll pack up your order, and notify you when it's ready for pick up. Orders will be available same-day.
5. BRING YOUR PIECES BACK TO BE FIRED IN OUR KILN
Return your items and your materials during our curbside hours, and we'll glaze and fire your pieces. Once fired, they are fully functional! Make sure to include your order number and name in the packaging.
Currently our turnaround time is 7-10 days. We'll pack up your order once it's fired and send you a notification.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Hello from the Original Mud Girl
Hi! I'm Katie, and I've owned the Mud Oven since 2010, though I've worked here for around 18 years. The store itself has been open since March of 1996, and I'm going to do my best to make sure we make it through another 24 years in business.
We are a small, totally independent business with a wonderful team of 5 amazing people. We're having to switch gears a bit through this and are working our hardest to keep providing activities for you and your family during the COVID crisis.
Thank you very much for your support,